How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted electronically. To apply, please submit a letter of application specifying qualifications for the position; curriculum vita; teaching statement, and names and contact information of at least three references to Ms. Lori Rathbun, UM-Flint Education Department Administrative Assistant, email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. This job posting can be found on umjobs.org.
The Education Department at the University of Michigan-Flint is seeking to fill a position of Assistant Professor In Education. We are looking for a creative, visionary, and energetic faculty member for our innovative programs in Early Childhood Education. Responsibilities will include: teaching (including teaching online, evenings, and potentially at off campus sites); collaborative program oversight; advising undergraduate and graduate students; development of clinical partnerships for field placements; supervising students in the field; research and publishing; potential oversight/serving on doctoral committees in education leadership; and service to the university, community, and the field.
- Earned doctorate in early childhood education or closely related field. Candidates who are ABD with a completion by September 1, 2018 are encouraged to apply
- Professional experience in PreK-8 settings
- Established or emerging research agenda in early childhood
- Experiences working with a variety of P-12 constituencies including working with students, teachers, administrators, and/or community partners
- Expertise in curricular and program development
- Knowledge and training of theories of early childhood education
- Understanding State and national trends pertinent to early childhood education
Candidates with (1) university-level teaching and P-12 school experience; (2) ability to cultivate clinical partnerships; (3) expertise in early childhood administration, policy and leadership; and (4) ability to support and mentor novice and in-service teachers in the filed are preferred.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.