How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Psychiatry in the University of Michigan Medical School is seeking
an experienced, positive, highly motivated, and organized person to provide support the
The Accessibility Intern will assist with making the TRAILS (Transforming Research into Action to Improve the Lives of Students) program materials accessible per ADA requirements. This project aims to increase utilization of evidence-based mental health practices among school- and community-based professionals, to raise community awareness of mental illnesses, and to build capacity within schools to support students affected by mental illness. The Accessibility Intern will work with the web manager, web designer, communications specialist and web developer to efficiently carry out a range of tasks.
• Assess accessibility of existing TRAILS materials using Adobe Acrobat, screen reader, contrast, and other software
• Research guidelines and come up with best practices for solving accessibility issues
• Fix common accessibility issues
• Collaborate with the TRAILS team and give recommendations to figure out best approach to make TRAILS materials accessible
• Recommend accessibility best practices to the team to help establish a sustainable process for creating accessible materials in a variety of programs (Word, InDesign, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Deep interest in the field of accessibility
• Interest in mental health research
• 1-3 years of experience with accessibility
10 – 20 hrs/week
Rachel Upjohn Building, 4250 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor, MI
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR E-Verify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the E-Verify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.