The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the BCSC Physical Therapy Team?
As a Physical Therapist Assistant, you will provide planned physical therapy treatment for patients under the supervision and direction of our team of Physical Therapists. You will work directly with patients to monitor their response to treatment and provide updated health reports to the PTs of their progress. Our patients have access to state of the art equipment and therapy treatment. You will instruct patients in the use of this equipment and assist PTs in carrying out complex procedures and programs. In addition to direct patient care responsibilities, you will also have the opportunity to supervise and provide training to PTA students.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Access to MHealthy – Health and well-being programs and services
- State of the art technology and equipment
- Tremendous team support
- You will follow focused patient treatment plans based on the established goals
- You will identify the need for home treatment programs and instruct the patient and family/caregivers in home treatment programs
- You’ll have the opportunity to assist in orientation and training of new staff and volunteers
- You will provide treatment to patients with orthopaedic diagnoses; sports medicine, post-operative, spine
- An Associate’s Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program
- Physical Therapy Assistant License in the State of Michigan
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- 1-2 years of orthopaedic/sports experience
- Special interest in: running injuries, throwing athletes, golf fitness, gymnastics/dance/performing arts
CMC Therapy Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00AM to 7:00PM. Actual work schedule to be determined by Supervisor.
Brighton Center for Specialty Care will be the primary work site.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.