Why join the Michigan Medicine Preventive Cardiology Team?
As an Exercise Physiologist with Michigan Medicine, you will work directly with patients in our outpatient Preventive Cardiology programs. Our exercise physiologists are cross-trained to support cardiac rehabilitation, to conduct non-invasive diagnostic exercise testing, to perform external counter pulsation treatments and to prescribe evidence-based exercise programs for patients with chronic conditions. You will work within state of the art facilities that are comprised of a wide variety of cardiovascular and strength training equipment designed to improve cardiovascular and physical functioning. You’ll work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment in combination with physicians, nurses, dietitians, and other medical professionals to determine patients’ needs and monitor progress to ensure the best care is coordinated. There will be opportunities to train and mentor student interns. If you are passionate about exercise and cardiovascular disease prevention, please apply today!
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Tremendous team support
- Flexible work environment
- Opportunities to mentor and precept student interns
- State of the art equipment and technology
What skills would you master?
- You will have the opportunity to innovate and collaborate with staff and patients in our quality improvement and patient engagement programs.
- You will conduct diagnostic exercise testing, which includes EKG treadmill, Stress Echocardiogram, and Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET).
- You will create and monitor individualized treatment plans for patients participating in cardiac rehabilitation geared to optimize recovery after heart events.
- You will conduct and develop functional fitness assessments including body composition analysis, and muscle strength, flexibility, and endurance assessments.
- You will assist in the development and implementation of special exercise programs for individuals with the Metabolic Syndrome, Peripheral Artery Disease and other chronic conditions.
- You will function as a care liaison for patients and their care teams.
- You will effectively monitor patients’ vital signs and be prepared for perform CPR or other necessary emergency first aid procedures.
- Bachelor’s in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or a related field is required
- Certification by the American College of Sports Medicine Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist is required within one year of date of hire
- Certification in BLS upon hire. ACLS is required within one year of date of hire
- Prior experience in exercise testing, exercise prescription and evaluation
- Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field is desired
- One-year experience in both diagnostic exercise testing and cardiac rehabilitation is preferred
- Experience with health education and wellness programs would be helpful
- Experience and training with Enhanced External Counter Pulsation therapy is desired
The schedule for this position will be a day shift. Nights and weekends may be required. There will be an occasional on-call requirement that is rotated between staff members on weekends.
This position will rotate between various facilities including, Domino’s Farms, UM Cardiovascular Center (CVC) – Ann Arbor, West Ann Arbor Health Center, Brighton Center for Specialty Care, Canton Health Center, Northville Health Center, and Briarwood Health Center.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
A cover letter is NOT a requirement for consideration.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.