The Psychology Department is seeking an Office Assistant with Work-Study funding for the remainder of the Winter 2018 semester and beyond. The ideal candidate for this position is qualified and responsible for providing a pleasant and approachable presence within the Psychology Department office.
The main function of this position focuses on office reception and first-point-of-contact encounters. This employee must be able to consistently project a courteous, conscientious, and positive demeanor while attending to the following responsibilities:
- Perform general office/reception/clerical duties as assigned
- Assist students, staff, faculty, and guests with inquiries and access to faculty and facilities
- Operating phones, Scheduling appointments, greeting & guiding guests
- Filing, distributing mail, making deliveries/running errands on campus
- Creating/editing documents, making copies, shredding documents
- Cleaning, organizing, and performing various other tasks as assigned
- Currently enrolled University of Michigan Flint Student with Work-study funding awarded through our Financial Aid office for the Winter 2018 semester
- Registered for 6 or more credits
- Actively attending and succeeding in current classes
Please provide evidence of the following qualifications within the details of your work history, community engagement, extracurricular/volunteer activities, and/or hobbies:
- Must be comfortable working and interacting in an office setting and in a professional manner
- Is dependable and timely
- Displays appropriate oral and written communication skills
- Has a willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Is thoroughly experienced with basic computer software such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please provide the days and times you are available to work within an attachment or as part of your cover letter, resume, or CV. Failure to do so will eliminate further consideration of your materials.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.