How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The primary responsibility of the Associate Brand Manager is to assist in the creation, promotion, implementation, and measurement of marketing communication programs for assigned clinical and administrative customers in alignment with institutional priorities and objectives.
This position will provide the marketing support necessary to meet the objectives of the Michigan Medicine Strategic Plan. Specific efforts will focus on managing marketing programs for Ambulatory Care, the Depts. of Surgery, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry and Radiology, Kellogg Eye Center and ad hoc marketing requests. In addition to traditional marketing capabilities, experience coordinating digital marketing strategies, including social media, digital search and digital advertising is required. S/he will have a proven track record of engaging customers to develop needs-based strategies and developing communication plans that drive customer engagement across a range of platforms and channels.
Project Management (50%)
Under direct supervision of Director and/or Lead Brand Managers, develop, plan, execute and evaluate marketing communications strategies for assigned areas of responsibility. Prepare project briefs; prepare and manage project timelines and budget reports; perform other project management duties; prepare and distribute project updates, etc. Fulfill the primary account management role between Department of Communication and Michigan Medicine client base for assigned clients.
Digital Strategy (30%)
Lend support for web content development and social media activity for assigned areas of responsibility and/or at the discretion of the Director of Brand Management.
Vendor Relationships (20%)
At the discretion of the Director and/or Lead Brand Managers manage and direct the work of vendor partners assigned by the Department of Communication. This includes but is not limited to assignments related advertising message and creative strategy, design, copywriting, web content, social media and syndicated research projects.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field.
- 2 - 5 years of experience developing and implementing creative marketing/ communications plans.
- Possesses a deep understanding of marketing strategy; understands and has employed a variety of concepts and tactics to design, launch and measure successful marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrable understanding of the design, application and measurement of digital communications strategies including social media and analytics.
- In-depth knowledge of concepts and trends in digital and social media and online communities and the ability to translate this into actionable recommendations.
- Understanding of the role of data in developing sound marketing strategy including a proven ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; recognizes the importance of communication in successfully managing client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in client service or account management with a focus on responsiveness, listening, and problem solving.
- Superb work ethic, with a drive to exceed expectations, and a commitment to personal accountability and ownership.
- Experience and evidence of success in a fast-paced, service-oriented and cross-functional team-based environment, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven relationship-building and organizational skills; as well as excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision to set priorities and meet goals.
- Must possess a strong, confident and consultive approach to client management; must be able to inspire confidence in your customers.
Fluency in languages in addition to English a plus.
The salary for this position will be based upon the selected candidates education and experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.