How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their current CV and a cover letter to Dr. Young Ah Seo: email@example.com along with applying through the U-M online career portal. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Please also include the name and contact information of three references in the cover letter. This is a NIH-funded position aiming to characterize the mineral metabolism.
The nutritional biochemistry laboratory has an open position for a research laboratory technician associate with at least 2 years biology research experience working with transgenic mouse genotyping, mouse colony maintenance, and mouse dissection techniques.
· Manage record keeping and husbandry of transgenic mouse colony including genotyping
· Perform rodent dissections
· Western blotting, Immunofluorescence staining and microscopy
· Maintain lab supplies and stocks
· Bachelor’s degree in biology
· 2 year of laboratory experience
· Experience working with genetically modified mouse models
· Ability to organize data into publication and presentation format
· Ability to work independently and with initiative
· Degree or background in biology
· Evidence of academic productivity via publications, abstracts, presentations, or research awards
· Knowledge of laboratory management
· Strong interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
M7027 School of Public Health
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.