How to Apply
Please include references with your resume.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO
Research Assistants observe and assess property parcels, and administer surveys for the Youth Violence Prevention Center (YVPC) within assigned neighborhoods. Research Assistants will report to their project supervisor.
- Rating the physical appearance of property parcels (landscaping and buildings) and appropriately recording values on evaluation forms.
- Recruiting participants for the survey, consenting study participants, and administrating surveys at designated neighborhoods within Youngstown, Ohio.
- Making Social observations of street segments
- Other duties as required
- High School education or equivalent
- Be able to work in teams (Research Assistants will go into the community in pairs)
- Be able to work without direct supervision
- Ability to take direction and follow through on project
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
This position will be 5 days a week, for 7-8 hour shifts. Working hours will vary (morning through evening) dependent on the needs of the project. This is an outdoor position, and shifts may be canceled in poor weather (rain, extreme heat/cold).
Ideal candidates should be able to work approximately 35-40 hours per week during early morning through early evening hours, must be able to traverse (streets, sidewalks and/or broken sidewalks) up to eight miles per day. There is no reimbursement for gas or mileage. Good communication skills, reliability, and ability to work independently are necessary to be successful in this position. This person needs to demonstrate strong organizational skills, follow directions, and work well in pairs/teams. Candidates MUST be comfortable working in community settings with minimal supervision. This position is scheduled to begin in April 2018 and will continue for approximately 20-32 weeks.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive envirnment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.