How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual for a part-time position as a Research Area Specialist with Engineering knowledge base and expertise in Design and Manufacturing methods, as well familiarity and ability to develop standard cell biology techniques including cell/tissue culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engineering expertise in Design and Manufacturing methods, specifically strong foundation in computer aided design software and additive manufacturing (3D printing) techniques.
- Familiarity and ability to develop cell culture, tissue engineering expertise, in vitro/in vivo setting
- Knowledge and experience in determining suitable methods and perform procedures with professional judgment and ability to make preliminary interpretation of results and determine consistency with expected results, assemble and organize data, assist in interpretation of results and prepare data ready for presentation.
- Excellent communications skills, time management and willingness to work a flexible schedule are desirable.
Dr. David Zopf aims to transform patient care with innovation. His group develops novel medical and surgical solutions leveraging 3D printing. He has several patented devices currently under development nearing FDA submissions. The mission of this lab is to innovate, design, and deliver new solutions to patients and practitioners. This position will focus on medical/surgical device design, development, testing, and regulatory approvals and well as regenerative tissue engineering.
- Intermediate level qualifications –minimum of 4-5 years with Bachelor’s degree; Master’s or Doctoral degree preferred
- Senior level qualifications – minimum of 5-6 years with Bachelor’s degree; Master’s or Doctoral degree preferred.
- Expertise in biomedical engineering, computer aided design, additive manufacturing, device design.
- Experience or interest to develop skills in cell culture, in vivo experiment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to advance scientific research are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
This position may be under-filled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This is a term limited position, one year. At the end of the stated term, the appointment will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.