How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Participate in the screening, scheduling and consenting of participants paying close attention to eligibility requirements
- Collect and process specimen samples and monitor participants
- Assist with clinic preparations such as set up of clinic rooms and labs for participant visits, assembling collection kits, and miscellaneous administrative tasks
- Collect patient and laboratory data for clinical research protocols
- Coordinate the handling of study medications
- Check study calendar and protocol for completion of study procedures
- Ensures integrity of specimen quality (collection, shipping/packing, storing, labeling, tracking, etc.) (40% clinic coordination)
- Complete participant charts and support data entry
- Assist in the reporting of test results
- Prepare appropriate reports on each research patient, maintaining and completing the supplied case report forms for investigator and/or sponsor
- Assist in submitting adverse event reports (40% data coordination)
- Participate in conferences related to the project and/or its progress
- Complete Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications
- Coordinate communication between team members re: opening/closing of protocols, new information/amendments and administrative requests from study sponsors
- Create amendments as required per protocol
- Correspond with IRB and other core committee staff
- Generate IRB approved consent forms
- Submit Data Safety reports to the Data Safety Management Board and IRB
- Edit and renew IRB applications (20% regulatory)
- Associate’s Degree
- 1-3 years of clinical research experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to set goals, promote teamwork and problem solve
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with multi-institutional protocols
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) Certification (required within 2 years of DOH)
- Some IRB/regulatory experience
- Experience with the University of Michigan’s eResearch system
- Oncology experience
- Reasonable knowledge of University research policies, procedures and computer systems
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, references and performance evaluations
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.