PAR Maintenance Assistant – Temporary
- General supervision is received from Warehouse Supervisor or Manager of Materiel Services.
- Build physical PAR supply carts, slot product, place product in appropriately sized bins, and arranging bins in correct sequence based on new Inventory Management Strategy.
- Serve as departmental contact for any PAR level questions or concerns related to supply quotas or cart changes for established PAR customers and follow up on any customer concerns over PAR levels.
- Meet with customers to view supply carts and to discuss potential rearrangement of supplies or need for additional supplies/carts.
- Write up and enter new cart templates into inventory system.
- Enter changes to PAR cart templates into inventory system and run new inventory sheets for units to be stocked. If new product, deliver product(s) to unit and place on PAR cart(s).
- Run alpha cart queries from inventory system and post on PAR cart for all new and established customers. Deliver copy of alpha query to unit.
- Process cart change requests from customers verifying request for duplicate items and space allocation, including physical check of space availability on carts to determine appropriate bin size.
- Run and post labels for new PAR carts and established PAR carts with changes.
- Updates changes in unit of issue and stock numbers.
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Effectively work with others to resolve issues and concerns and to complete assignments.
Customer Service, Listening, Analyzing information, paying attention to details, working well with others, Self-directed, Fast Learner, Dependable
Experience working in a customer service operation. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Computer systems. Demonstrated customer service and problem solving skills. Strong communication skills.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.