How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Provide nightly and overnight medical care and coverage for those participating in residential sports camps, including but not limited to evaluation, treatment/first aid, management and appropriate medical referral of injuries/illnesses sustained by summer sports campers.
- Document and maintain all injuries/illness reports, treatment logs and medication logs as necessary.
- Assist first aid attendants during evening coverage of dormitory training room, as well as administer prescription medications to campers per prescribing physician.
- Appropriately discuss injury/illness with parents/guardians and communicate any necessary information regarding campers to respective camp director, medical coordinator and summer camp coordinator.
- Attend Conference Services Summer Counselor Resident Assistant/Housing Training.
- Minimum 1 years experience within an accredited Athletic Training Education program.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Current Professional Rescuer/AED certification
- Knowledge of common pharmacological agents.
- Familiarity with campus and appropriate medical care facilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with campers, parents, camp directors, physicians and administrators.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to offer a high level of customer service.
- Ability to be adaptable and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends - typically Friday/Saturday are off nights
- Ability to stay overnight in dorms during summer for a period of approximately 10 weeks
- Room and board included in addition to hourly pay
- On-call availability to first aiders, camp directors, medical coordinator and summer camps coordinator.
- Unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.