How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume in a single document to be uploaded in the online application. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position as well as the skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The LSA Testing Accommodation Center (TAC) serves the College by providing reasonable testing accommodations to students with verified disabilities who are enrolled in LSA courses. By creating an appropriate space for completing exams, the Testing Accommodation Center aims to make education accessible for students with verified disabilities. TAC’s mission is to serve both students and instructors through a well-defined process that ensures confidentiality and test security.
The LSA Testing Accommodation Center adheres to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
The Front Desk and Test Support Specialist position provides strong customer service, front desk, and general clerical support for the day to day functions of the LSA Testing Accommodation Center (TAC). This position also acts as lead Proctor for the TAC and assists the TAC Managers where needed.
- Prepare test packets, exam materials, and run reports for next business day exams.
- Prepare test area for students including any needed test equipment or supplies.
- Administer and proctor tests at the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC).
- Monitor students during tests to ensure a secure testing environment.
- Oversee securing completed exams and exam pick-up.
- Proctor lead including assisting TAC managers with training and scheduling as needed.
General Office and Administrative Support
- Responsible for mail, voicemail, package delivery, and scanning documents as needed.
- Maintain supplies within office.
- Collect, process and report on test record data.
- Transport documents, mail, and technology on campus as needed.
- Oversee and implement training of Proctor responsibilities and front desk duties.
- Maintain Proctor Training Handbook Site.
Front Desk Support
- Front desk lead including opening/closing the TAC front office.
- Customer service support including answering and handling student and faculty inquiries in person and over the phone.
- Assist with monitoring departmental email accounts.
- Communicates with Assistant Manager on needed supply orders.
- Monitor cleanliness and custodial/facility issues with the TAC front desk and testing area. Report issues to Assistant Manager.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative work style; ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, handle multiple tasks, and exercise good judgment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, particularly during high volume periods.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of University of Michigan policies, rules, and regulations.
- Willingness to seek out and accept extra responsibilities.
- Proven experience at solving complex problems involving numerous constituencies.
- Knowledge of testing and accommodation issues within and educational institution/ADA requirements and range of disability accommodations.
Punctual, regular and consistent attendance is required. Regular work hours are from 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday however at peak testing times evening hours may be required.
The LSA Testing Accommodation Center is located in the Modern Languages Building (MLB), Room B119.
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/about/diversity--equity-and-inclusion.html
To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The Testing Administration Assistant will be supervised by the Manager of the LSA Testing Accommodation Center.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.