How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position, and any other relevant information.
Computing and Multimedia Technologies (CMT) is located at the Institute for Social Research (ISR) within the Survey Research Center (SRC). The general role of the position is to provide specialized web and programming services to Center and Institute projects. The individual in this position will provide direct development services to clients as well as acting as a consultant to other programmers in the Center and the Institute.
CMT is a highly responsive unit consisting of cross functional computing experts. An essential characteristic of CMT is a high level of internal communication. The individual selected for this position will be able to communicate on a broad range of technical computing issues in a frequent and collegial manner. Client satisfaction is a primary goal of the CMT unit.
- Analyze requirements, provide timelines and costs for design and development of systems including but not limited to web and database driven systems
- Develop systems using current methods and tools
- Maintain existing systems, analyze existing system functions and problems working with users to determine and implement required revisions
- Retain relevant programming and design skills
- Train users in the operation of new systems
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience with WordPress, both stand alone and multi-site, developing, administering and consulting including relevant system development and programming experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill with multiple databases including MS SQL & MySQL
- Skill with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Skill with Windows and Linux Operations Systems
- Demonstrated skill with the installation and programming of interactive, lower power Bluetooth Beacons
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects, manage own calendar, determine a reasonable workload and communicate with supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high functioning team of System Administrators and Hardware/Software supports experts
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with clients to provide solutions and client satisfaction
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages including PHP, ColdFusion, Python, and other relevant programming languages
- Interest in Cloud-based system development
- Experience working in a survey research organization
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience of selected candidate.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplies, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.