How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Patient Care Support
• Triage Social Work patient calls for urgency and route to appropriate person/service
• Answer incoming calls, transfer calls, take messages for clinic calls coming thru the social work line.
• Verify patient mental health benefits and insurance authorizations (online and via phone) for SW psychotherapy services.
• Schedule therapy appointments with Geriatric Social Workers.
• Assist with preparation of materials for educational programs, therapy groups and events, such as course books or folders, membership lists/nametags, reminder notices, certificates of completion, etc.
• Make reminder calls/cancellation calls for therapy appointments and/or groups.
• Purchase Medical Assistant supplies as requested.
• Receptionist for Geriatrics Social Work and for Geriatrics Administrative offices at the clinic site.
• Review and disseminate mail; compose responses for routine requests
• Maintain up to date mailing lists and oversee mailings for several committees, groups and teams
• Design and circulate publicity materials such as announcements/flyers for educational workshops, support groups, fundraising and other department activities; write and submit routine press releases
• Order business cards, letterhead etc. for both Ger. SW and Clinic.
• Copy/distribute materials as requested
• Maintain Associate Director’s and unit calendars; schedule appointments and meetings.
• Schedule rooms and coordinate arrangements, including refreshments/catering and room and technology setup for both Geriatrics SW and Geriatrics Admin.
• May make travel arrangements
• Assist with special projects, event planning and coordination/hosting as assigned for both SW and Geriatrics Center Clinics, such as luncheons, celebrations, community meetings, etc.
• Monitor and order office supplies within budget, for both SW and Clinic. Order
• Prepare purchase order requests and identify appropriate vendors as needed.
• Provide support/back up to other Geriatrics Center and Clinic Administrative Assistants
Financial and Data Assistance
• Prepare, process and reconcile PCard activity for Ger. SW, and other Geriatrics clinic and sub-acute staff.
• Complete administrative financial tasks such as preparation of cash receipts, deposits, journal entries and other financial items as assigned.
• E-Reconciliation of accounts and projects/grants monthly; investigate/resolve erroneous or questionable entries.
• Prepare Project Budget Status Report and summary roll-up reports for Ger. SW and Turner Senior Wellness Program. Communicate significant variations/observations to appropriate supervisor.
• Assist with collection and preparation of reports, such as time-and attendance records, volunteer hours, units of service, community benefits, sales tax reports, etc.
• May also reconcile the Clinics’ medication invoices.
• Coordinate submittal of special payroll materials such as additional pay, honorariums, etc.
• Send donor gifts to Development; review weekly development reports for gifts to the unit and prepare thank you letters.
• Prepare/forward email requests for phone repair/service changes to authorized signers.
• Assist staff with problems in use of authorized software.
• Troubleshoot and coordinate maintenance for computers, laptops, printers, copy machine, projector, headsets, etc.
• Retrieve information using various databases and university reporting mechanisms to meet reporting requirements and other needs of the unit
• Participate in departmental teams and meetings.
• Monitor safety and cleanliness of our space and coordinate with appropriate persons/departments.
Three to five years of office experience, including some financial tasks necessary. Ability to type 40-60 wpm with accuracy. Proficient use of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and familiarity with databases. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Ability to work with and interact with a diverse, multicultural group of customers, is necessary.
Knowledge of University policies, procedures and regulations is preferred. Experience with University of Michigan financial systems preferred, including Concur, People Pay, E-Procurement, Centralized Purchasing, and MI-Chart. Work experience with older adults preferred.
Periodic travel between Geriatric Center and Clinics required, including University Hospital, Turner Senior Resource Center and East Ann Arbor Health and Geriatrics Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.