How to Apply
The University of Michigan-Flint Social Work Department invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor Tenure Track Position effective Fall Semester 2018. We invite applications from faculty members who will strengthen our departmental capacity in Substance Use Treatment and Intervention, Macro Practice, and/or Community Practice, and are highly collaborative in their approach to teaching and learning. Additionally, this faculty member will support the development of a Master’s in Social Work as our MSW Coordinator.
The Social Work program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and is experiencing dynamic growth with approximately 200 Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) students and a vibrant on-line Substance Abuse Treatment (SAT) minor. Also, we have a Substance Use Treatment and Intervention Major. We seek a colleague whose innovative ideas support our mission of excellence in undergraduate education, who shares our commitment in social justice, and community practice.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should send the following information to email address: email@example.com.
- Cover letter highlighting qualifications and experience
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching and Research Statement
- Statement of Interest/Experience in curriculum development including familiarity with MSW teaching and CSWE EPAS 2015
- Full contact information (names, titles, email and telephone) for three professional references
Should you have questions regarding the position please contact:
Required Qualifications for Assistant Professor:
- Earned PhD in social work or a related field
- MSW Degree
- Practice/Research interest in Substance Use, Macro Practice, and/or Community Practice
Required Qualifications for Associate Professor:
- Earned Ph.D. in social work or related field
- MSW Degree plus two years post MSW practice/research experience in Substance Use, Macro Practice and/or Community Practice
Desired Qualifications for Assistant Professor:
- Two years post-MSW practice experience in Substance Use, Macro Practice, and/or Community Practice
- Two years of teaching experience at University level
- A record of scholarly publications
- Research Interest in Substance Abuse and/or CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor) or CAADC (Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor) or development plan in place through Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP)
- Curriculum development experience.
Desired Qualifications for Associate Professor:
- Five years teaching experience at MSW Level
- Experience in curriculum development and/or being content area lead
- Familiarity with CSWE EPAS 2015
- A strong record of scholarly publication, teaching and service
- Tenured individual in their former institution – eligibility for a tenured appointment at the rank of Associate Professor
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.