The Department of Pediatrics is seeking an experienced individual to join the financial staff in administration. The individual will be primarily responsible for financial activities and analysis within administration and report directly to the Administrative Manager Senior Healthcare for Finance.
- Manage Outreach billing/payments for Department. Act as liaison between department, divisions, and UMMG regarding outreach billing and payments. Maintain tracking system for outreach billing, payments, travel, and faculty payments. Review contracts to ensure billing at correct rates. Follow up with various external organizations regarding outstanding payments. Approve Concur reports for travel expenses related to outreach activities.
- Provide financial analysis support to various Divisions within the Department.
- Assist with year-end activities: preparation of Divisional P&L, clinical and research incentive program.
- Assist with the preparation of the bimonthly faculty effort and RVU reports.
- Assist with the preparation of the Department’s annual Medical School and Hospital forecast.
- Assist with Department submission of Schedule B & D and faculty CME expenses for Hospital Cost Report.
- Reconcile On-Call and Admitting Officer of the Day payments and work with UMHS finance if adjustments are needed.
- Reconcile and monitor Pediatrics Administration project grants. Investigate and correct errors as needed.
- Prepare the Department’s submission for the AAAP and MGMA salary survey.
- Assist in the preparation of information for the annual meetings with the Chair and Division leadership.
- Assist with other financial analysis and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines, have a strong attention to detail, and excellent organizational skill.
- The candidate will have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word, Concur, Wolverine Access (MReports, Financial Resources, Business Objects, etc.).
Ideally, the candidate will have excellent communications skills and the ability to work with both faculty and staff effectively.
Scheduled work hours are on campus Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. but an alternate work schedule may be accommodated.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.