We the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interacton we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families,and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedcated to partnerng with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
- Act as the Call Center Referral Coordinator.
- Manage daily Michart inbasket and email requests.
- Monitor fax server.
- Schedule follow-up for ED and hospital discharges.
- Support MiChart referral queue.
- Serve as a role model for service excellence and FCVC core values.
- Manage phone calls from internal and external customers.
- Identifying areas of improvement, seek and implement solutions.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to mulit-task and work in a high volume area.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be very comfortable working with computers and have a general knowledge of clinical office practices.
- Requires flexibility in all aspects of work assignments.
- Knowledge of MiChart (EPIC-Cadence).
- Demonstrated proficiency with MiChart, Careweb, Microsoft Outlook, and ability to navigate between systems.
- Previous experience in a multidisciplinary clinic setting.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contigent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical componets; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.