How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide responsible administrative support for the Quality Department's Clinical Quality and Training (CQT) division https://quality.i.medicine.umich.edu/home including: CQT administrative support; support for administration of state-wide Collaborative Quality Initiatives (CQIs) http://www.med.umich.edu/multi-hospitalQI/ funded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM); and coordination of Quality / Patient Safety education and training programs.
Clinical Quality & Training Administrative Support:
- Schedule CQT committee meetings, prepare agendas, meeting notices, materials and minutes
- Maintain calendars of multiple CQT staff; schedule meetings and conference calls
- Plan itineraries and support site visits, special events and external visits
- Serve as a CONCUR division delegate for staff and faculty. Apply understanding and ability in identifying costs or charges to move to appropriate chart-fields when necessary.
- Maintain requests and order supplies; Obtain and process purchase orders; enter vendor invoices for payment, and track status of vendor payments
- Process capital and operational purchasing requirements for division; investigate and analyze items; obtaining price quotes, enter information into University purchasing systems, receive purchase orders, maintain and/or manage financial documents and/or accounts as assigned, including P-Card reconciliation.
- Prepare and submit journal entries. Apply expert knowledge of Procurement, analyzing vendor invoices for accuracy, creating purchase orders, Non PO vouchers and People Pay. Use General Ledger to verify payment status and follow-up as needed.
- Cross-train and provide backup coverage for administrative team peers in CQT, as needed
- Propose and trial improvements to office processes; create and update office standard work
UMHS CQI Administration Support:
- Make arrangements for CQI Leaders (Project Directors & Program Managers)-BCBSM dinner meetings (3x/year~60 attendees), including facility arrangements, menu planning, catering contracts, meeting notices, meeting materials, tracking meeting expenses, tracking RSVPs, arranging for IT support, and compiling meeting evaluation results
- Make arrangements for CQI Project Managers (12 x/year; 30 attendees), and miscellaneous other meetings (in-person; conference calls), including making facility arrangements, preparation and distribution of meeting materials, and meeting evaluations
- Maintain up-to-date contacts/details and email lists for 19 CQIs; maintain chart field lists for UMHS-led CQIs.
- Maintain, coordinate, and administer CQI websites
- Assist with ongoing improvements for the CQI coordinating centers and Learning Collaborative
- Provide assistance and coordination for QI/PS training programs and program development, including: logistics, material preparation, and maintaining rosters
- Support Lean Thinkers speaker series, including speaker travel arrangements and honoraria, maintaining/updating mailing list and managing enrollment through M-Learning
Other duties as assigned
Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Five or more years of administrative support experience in a busy office environment.
Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
Ability to create and maintain basic databases.
Experience with meeting management and event planning.
Excellent organizational skills; ability to set priorities and meet deadlines; ability to problem solve operational issues in a logical manner.
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service ethic.
Ability to compose and produce professional correspondence, and to communicate effectively and professionally via phone and e-mail with faculty and staff within UMHS and with key contacts and stakeholders outside of the Health System (e.g., BCBSM, State and County Medical Society, Lean Enterprise Institute, others).
Ability to manage complex schedules and calendars, maximizing efficient use of time.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information appropriately.
Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration or related field.
Familiarity with organization structure of Michigan Medicine.
Knowledge of University Policies and Procedures.
Experience processing business transactions using Concur and M-Pathways.
Experience updating websites (Confluence), posting materials to M-Box, working with the Canvas learning management platform, using scheduling aids (e.g., Doodle polls, Evite), and creating Qualtrics surveys.
Familiarity with continuous improvement / Lean Thinking principles and methods.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.