How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support in the Office of the Provost serving as the primary point person for the office. The successful candidate will have strong customer relations skills, is well-organized, efficient and professional at all time. The position involves a high degree of flexibility, requiring the ability to work proactively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Provide highly responsible administrative support in the Office of the Provost.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Office of the Provost.
- Triage phone calls and welcome visitors to the office in a friendly and professional manner.
- Review, scan and process incoming mail, which is often of a highly sensitive and confidential nature.
- Compose and edit routine correspondence.
- Coordinate several high-level mailings for the office.
- Respond to general email inquiries.
- Maintain electronic office filing system.
- Maintain and submit a variety of different types of work orders for the office.
- Order and stock supplies.
- Trouble shoot office equipment and call for repair when needed.
- Maintain and distribute all confidential office lists.
- Organize in-house events: order catering, reserve room, set up/take down, initiate correspondence.
- Reconcile PCARD statements.
- Coordinate and supervise student temporary employees, including timekeeping. Coordinate new staff orientation for Provost’s Office staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma and an equivalent combination of education and experience in the performance of progressively responsible administrative work. Some knowledge of University policies and procedures, organization, practices and protocol.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and team skills are necessary.
- Ability to initiate and work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel with a professional and friendly manner at all times.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Broad experience with MPathways and Concur.
- Proficient with using a Mac and/or PC.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google.
General supervision is provided by the Chief of Staff. Qualifying candidate should be able to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative in interpreting broad policies and in the planning and execution of responsibilities.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.