How to Apply
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application and upload as one document at UMJOBS.org. Telephone calls and in-person applicants will not be accepted.
The Department of Language, Culture, and Communication (LCC) offers courses and programs in communication, comparative literature, composition, film studies, journalism, linguistics, modern and classical languages, (Arab, Armenian, French, German, Greek, Latin, and Spanish), and speech.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This position can hold up to 25 hours per week during the academic year. Summer hours are negotiable. Starting hourly rate is $9.50.
- Main point-of-contact for all walk-in and phone inquiries from students, prospective students, faculty, and staff. Answer questions knowledgeably and accurately.
- Route calls and visitors appropriately, providing triage services during busy times.
- Prepare course evaluation packets each term
- Prepare meeting and course material
- Prepare expense reports using Concur
- Create flyers and posters
- Maintain LCC website
- Collect, sort, and route mail
- Perform hosting duties such as organizing, setup/takedown, and ordering food and supplies for meetings and events
- Collect faculty syllabi and office hours each term
- Retrieve, upload, and organize files using M+Box
- Maintain order and cleanliness of reception area
- Prepare and maintain office supply orders
- Assist Departement Chair, Administrative Specialist, and Administrative Assistant with other tasks as assigned.
Onsite training will be provided to selected candidate who does not have previous experience with particular tasks or software.
Must be able to use discretion and exercise confidentiality. Candidate will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement upon hire.
- Ability to multi-task, organize workload, and exercise discretion.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter and customer service-oriented, flexibility and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Google Mail, Calendar, and Drive
- Knowledge of M+Box
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.