How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Determine system performance standards.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Consult with staff about software system design and maintenance.
- Write computer programs for various purposes.
- Determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Modify software programs to improve performance.
- Analyze project data to determine specifications or requirements.
- Assess database performance.
- Design software applications.
- Develop testing routines or procedures.
- Provide technical support for software maintenance or use.
- Administer, test and implement intranet site.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security.
- Collaborate with others to determine design specifications or details.
- Develop and implement complex workflows to automate business processes.
- Guide staff to site adoption, author training documentation and provide education to users.
- Gather requirements from leadership to create solutions to automate and improve processes within department.
- Manage migration process by assessing department needs and develop a plan for content migration.
- Develop and implement governance document and procedures.
- Design, develop and implement custom user interface.
- Define scalable information architecture and design the solutions to address business needs and opportunities.
- Create, develop, and manage internal SharePoint site.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor degree in computer science and at least three years’ experience required.
SharePoint experience is required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.