How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position works with all areas of the OB/GYN clinic and call center. This position will cover all aspects of clerical responsibilities including Call Center and Scheduling Work-Queue Team tasks. A successful candidate will provide outstanding customer service in a busy, fast-paced office setting working primarily by accurately and efficiently utilizing MiChart.
Work-Queue Team Responsibilites:
- Scheduling specialty clinic appointments from referrals
- Reviewing provider schedules to ensure scheduling accuracy
- Rescheduling patient appointments when provider schedules change
- Managing monthly recall reports to schedule future appointments
- Reviewing T-1 reports to detect, correct, and notify Clinic Lead of scheduling errors.
Call Center Responsibilites:
- Reviewing in-basket messages
- Working with encounter notes
- Scheduing appointments as directed
- Triaging patient calls and documenting properly
Patient Check-in/Check-out Responsibilities:
- Checking patients out after their medical appointments
- Scheduling and coordination of future appointments, tests, and procedures
- Request and process all co-pays and outstanding balances
- Accurately reconcile and balance receipts and payments collected
- Check-in patients to appropriate clinic
- Giving correct paperwork to patient
- Verifying patient demographics
- Taking and attaching patient photo to their chart utilizing MiChart
- Meet with Clinic Lead to make recommendations for improvements
- Participate in clinic goals and objectives
- Interact effectively with co-workers to build respectful relationships and enhance productivity
- Respond positively to change and show a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and experience
- 2-3 years of experience
- Proven customer service experience
- Excellent attendance
- Exhibit professional and positive image working with patients, co-workers, faculty and staff
- Keyboard and basic computer skills required
- Ability to greet patients with a warm, friendly smile and make them feel welcome
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Previous experience in a fast-paced medical office setting
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling systems
- Knowledge of basic computer applications
- Previous experience with automated multi-phone line communication equipment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Bachelor's degree
40 hours per week- Hours vary. Clinic hours are 7:00am - 5:30pm.
Monday-Friday with possible extended hours on occasional Saturdays
Von Voigtlander Women's Clinic
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.