Michigan Dining is seeking a temporary assistant manager.
10% Develop and adhere to standard operating procedures for the new coffee concept.
15% Train and develop employees to provide great service to guests.
10% Maintain a clean and organized operation at all times.
25% Ensure the operation is closed down properly each night.
25% Learn and perform general management duties, such as sales reporting, cash handling, ordering,
payroll, and inventory so s/he can run the operation in the absence of the manager.
10% Enforces food and workplace safety standards.
5% Performs other duties assigned by management.
- Associates Degree
- Two years of experience in a restaurant of cafe setting, including some kind of a leadership role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Passion for coffee and espresso
PLEASE NOTE: Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, business, culinary arts or a related field
- Management Experience in a coffee shop
- Deep understanding and knowledge of coffee roasting, espresso making, and other techniques for brewing great coffee
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience with cash handling procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic Knife Skills
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to accept paradox and navigate through change
- Can provide excellent customer service
- Is a people person
Must be available to work afternoons/evenings.
Able to maintain a static position for extended periods of time; move throughout the kitchen and facility as needed; and move and transport objects weighing up to 25# frequently, on occasion objects weighing up to 50#
Ability to manipulate and gather objects from various positions, often at low heights and from awkward positions
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.