Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C (B INC) .
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
- Two years of recent (within 5 years) nursing experience in ambulatory care clinic, emergency dept, or home care.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills through use of the nursing process, excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, interpersonal communication skills, and respectful relationships within and between units and individuals.
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability including good attendance record with punctuality.
- Demonstrated adaptability to changing needs and priorities based on unit, department, and institutional goals/objectives.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Bilingual English and Spanish required for Latino Health Clinic patient care assignments
- Tele-health nursing and patient education experience
- Pediatric medicine patient experience
- Family medicine RN clinic experience
- One (1) year or more of primary care RN experience in an ambulatory care setting working with adults or pediatrics
- Experience working with pediatric vent patients, in either inpatient or ambulatory setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills providing patient and family education, self-management, and coaching related to health promotion of the patient and family
- Recent (within five (5) years) nursing experience in women’s health, including perinatal care
- Experience as a charge nurse or equivalent management skills
- Proficiency with typing and electronic health record documentation
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.