The Center for Reproductive Medicine offers an innovative and active program of advanced reproductive and fertility treatment to assist patients who may require such approaches to achieve a healthy baby. State-of-the-art techniques are available for a full array of services, including:
In vitro fertilization/embryo transfer (IVF/ET)
Controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH)
Cryopreservation of gametes and embryos
Gamete micromanipulation/intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
Ultrasound-guided embryo transfer
Comprehensive fertility evaluation
Embryo biopsy for preimplantation genetic diagnosis or screening
Reproductive endocrinology not related to fertility care
Coordinating the Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) Program, including patient tracking and data monitoring, patient education and assessment, and quality assurance.
Directing care and management at the Center for Reproductive Medicine (CRM) includes: patient/family education, counseling and support, collaboration with and referrals to other health care providers, and provision of education to nursing staff, students, fellows, residents and the community.
Managing the care and education of patients undergoing ovarian induction, controlled ovarian hyperstimulation and male factor infertility treatments.
Collaborating with and serving as a resource to the clinical team, including social workers, embryologists and physicians regarding patient care.
Supporting clinical and translational research.
Following standard-of-care patient management and investigational clinical trial protocols.
Assisting physicians with all clinical activities and medical procedures such as intrauterine insemination, sonohysterograms, hysteroscopies, and ultrasounds.
Attending and participating in conferences and continuing education/staff development programs to maintain knowledge of current literature.
Assisting physicians during procedures and monitoring IV sedation and recovery
Participating in clinic-wide quality assurance programs, root cause analyses, and facilitating implementation of changes in protocols and policies throughout the clinic.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted under the Role-Specific Advancement Model (RSAM) as:
CLIN CARE COORD- COMPETENT.
Actual RSAM LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
RSAM levels range from CCC-COMPETENT to CCC-EXPERT TO CCC-MASTERY.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan
- Graduate of an accredited BSN program
- Recent (in the past three years) direct care nursing experience with Infertility/ART patients in a clinic setting
- Recent experience (in the past three years) working in Ambulatory Care
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills in daily practice, assessment, planning and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to assess learning needs and development of educational strategies to meet needs
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for patient/family/community
- Demonstrated ability to act as a resource for a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative practice with a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience managing complex patient populations
- Demonstrated accountability to current Departmental requirements
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- ACLS Certification
- Certification in Reproductive Endocrinology and IVF nursing through the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Recent direct care experience with Women's Health/OB/GYN patient population
- Experience developing program support materials
- Experience with EPIC electronic medical record
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ambulatory Care experience with phone triage and telehealth management
- Demonstrated experience supporting research studies
Hours/Week: 40 hours per week, 5-8 hour shifts
Shift/Hours/Days: Mon-Fri; hours will be variable between 7:00AM- 6:30PM; with rotated weekend hours
Locations: Center for Reproductive Medicine at Briarwood Building 1, 475 Market Street, Ann Arbor and Northville Health Center, 7 Mile and Haggerty Roads, Northville, MI, and West Ann Arbor location.
Note: All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.