How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this positon and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To provide direct patient care, assist with clinical procedures and coordinate patient flow in the Frankel Cardiovascular Center Clinic serving several sub-specialty clinics.
Perform patient intake and rooming duties in the clinic. Document health information in the electronic medical record. Maintain proficiency and competency in performing tasks such as vital signs, 12 lead EKG's, dressing changes, and immunizations. Coordinate patient flow, as assigned, throughout the clinic. Perform various clinically-related duties delegated by the medical and nursing staff. Provide routine instructions to patients regarding procedures, treatments, and follow-up care instructions as delegated by the clinical medical and nursing staff. Problem-solve patient and family care issues. Complete cross-training in all areas of the clinic. Assist in patient care activities and performance improvement projects in order to improve the safety, efficiency and quality in the CVC Clinic.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction and receive feedback.
- Effective time management skills.
- Must have documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in pathology/blood draws, 12 lead electrocardiograms, other ancillary cardiology procedures and immunizations.
- Previous experience with EPIC software in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Outlook, Lync, Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Experience working within a large complex, healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of university policy and procedures.
Base schedule is Monday-Friday, days, includes mandatory Saturday rotation.
Supervision: Directly responsible to the Allied Health Supervisor of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center Clinic. Indirectly supervised by the clinical nursing staff.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
We the staff and faculty of the U-M Frankel Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion, Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.