How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Center for Improving Patient and Population Health (CIPPH) is seeking a Research Center Assistant, who will be responsible for supporting Center-related research projects and initiatives, under the direction of the Center director.
CIPPH was established in 2017 in the School of Nursing to accelerate high-impact scholarship among interdisciplinary faculty in the focal areas of: patients with cancer, patients with complex care needs, health care delivery science, and vulnerable populations. The research portfolio of CIPPH investigators currently includes multi-site survey research, behavioral interventions, implementation studies, and applications of simulation methods for health professional education.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate and oversee the implementation of Center activities, including:
- Assist Center faculty in the preparation of research grant proposals to federal agencies and foundations.
- Collaborate with Center faculty on key activities for research projects, including database set up in Qualtrics/REDCap, assist in the preparation of IRB applications, and respond to research inquiries.
- General office duties, including meeting scheduling, drafting meeting agendas and minutes; supporting the Center director with calendar management, travel, and correspondence.
- Special event planning (organizing catering, visitor travel, room reservations, event notices, tracking RSVPs).
- Assist with writing and editing articles and reports for publication.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in health care-related research projects, as well as prior experience in supporting faculty and/or scholars in the conduct of research.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write clearly and concisely for various mediums.
- Must have very strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated proficiency at the advanced level with Microsoft Office products (including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), Adobe Desktop products (Acrobat, illustrator), Research data entry and management software (REDCap, Qualtrics), and citation software (Mendeley).
- Candidate should have experience in federal grant proposals and peer-reviewed manuscript submissions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and timely follow through on assignments is essential.
- Excellent problem solving capability; exceptional critical thinking, analytical and research skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment.
- Able to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of the University organization, policies and procedures is preferred.
Hours: 20 hours
Shift/Hours/Days: Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday; may include some occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
This is a term-limited position.
Supervision is received from the Center director.
Working title: Research Center Assistant
Salary: Salary is commensurate based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. We encourage all interested parties to apply.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.