How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Lyssiotis lab in the Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology is seeking a highly motivated and detail orientated Research Lab Tech Associate who works well independently for a basic research position managing standards, libraries, samples, and collaborations for mass spectrometry-based metabolomics project.
This individual will manage large metabolite standard libraries and integrate these into mass spectrometry-based metabolomics experiments and protocols. This individual will similarly manage sample preparation and analysis and provide research support for collaborations. The purpose of these studies is to understand how alterations in metabolism affect the properties of cancer cells. The candidate is expected to work independently on data and collaboration management and will work alongside a senior technician to perform data collection.
- Applicants should possess an Associate’s degree in biomedical sciences or a related field with at least 1 year of experience in basic analytic laboratory research.
- Experience working with mass spectrometry-based metabolomics is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communicative, and computer skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to work with others in a collaborative environment are a must.
- Should possess outstanding organizational skills, be extremely detail oriented and must enjoy working with a team.
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical sciences or a related field with at least 1 year of experience in basic analytic laboratory research.
M-F days with some nights and weekends
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.