This position covers all areas of Howell Health Center including check in, check out and call center. The candidate will provide outstanding customer service in a busy, fast paced office. Quality Improvement and Lean thinking are a priority in our clinic. Must be able to work independently and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure. Must have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with patients, faculty, and staff. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
- Accurately and efficiently schedule patient appointments using Cadence.
- Manage pre-arrival functions to assure all necessary information has been obtained for patient visits.
- Provide check in and check out support.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Process payments including copays and past due balances.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections and credit card transactions daily according to clinic standards.
- Answer phones using Aspect.
- Accurately record phone messages and forward to appropriate location.
- Manage admin support inbasket.
- Serve as a resource for physicians and staff.
- Other duties assigned by Clerical Lead.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates active listening, writen, verbal and information technology skills
- 2-3 years' experience
- 0-2 years' experience
- Working knowledge of MiChart (Cadence and EpicCare)
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Work hours - days with rotating Saturdays and holidays.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.