Evaluate and treat Adults with Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal conditions in our outpatient Briarwood Med Rehab clinic. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively with a team. An interest in working with patients with cancer is desired.
- Master's or DPT degree in physical therapy or an equivalent combination of Bachelor's level education and experience is necessary.
- Satisfactory completion of an internship program.
- Possession of a current state license to practice physical therapy in Michigan is required.
Looking for candidates with 1-3 years of orthopedic experience . Experience with outpatient care is preferred. Strong orthopedic/manual therapy foundation is necessary.
Our ideal candidates would also have:
- A passion for rehab care- Taking patients the next steps to returning to independent functioning in home/work/community activities
- A collaborative work style and positive attitude to add to our high performing multidisciplinary team
- An interest in program development and expansion of rehab services / health and wellness options
- Excitement, prior experience and/or interest in robotics and technology use in treatment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
This position is 40 hours with a likely schedule of Monday - Friday, 9:30-6pm.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This position may be filled using an FLSA exempt or non-exempt designation.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.