How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Function as part of a team to manage patient flow in a fast paced, outpatient clinic setting.
MA Duties included but are not limited to the following:
- Taking vitals, accurately updating medications and other information in the electronic medical record, prepping patient and physicians for procedures, and maintaining clinic flow.
- Maintaining, ordering, and stocking supplies for exam rooms
- Ensuring appropriate infection control protocol is followed
- Properly managing equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
- Assist in complex procedures, requiring knowledge of complex and varied equipment including endoscopic equipment
- Problem-solve issues related to the retrieval of medical information
Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff. They must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse population.
Candidate must be able to work effectively within a team environment handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment. In addition, candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, proper telephone etiquette along with having a history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
• Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
• Communicates effectively.
• Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Experience with Michigan Medicine MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Prior experience in an outpatient ambulatory care setting.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.