How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and Resume. Combine as one PDF (cover letter first, resume second) when applying.
Customer Service -
- Issue various parking options; verify customer's eligibility for options using Wolverine Access and Parking Management System databases; evaluate customer's need to identify appropriate parking options.
- Receive and process cash, check and credit card transactions for all types of parking options (Daily, Monthly and Annual Parking Options). Generate daily invoices; confirm accuracy and mail.
- Operate computer terminals to input all data from each customer service transaction into the Parking Management System and Access Control System, including setup for personalized payroll deductions, parking access, invoicing, service unit billing, personal information updates and generation of daily paper permits.
- Provide phone support; answering calls and responding to customer inquiries, questions and complaints regarding parking policies and procedures.
- Participate in weekly New Employee Orientation for Wolverine Tower and Michigan Medicine: parking presentation and selling parking permits.
- Work both UH South office location and 523 S. Division St. location on a rotating schedule.
- Monitor and balance cash drawers; and generate daily checkout reports, reconciling daily sales to receipts, confirming accuracy of data entry and verifying revenue.
- Maintain parking application files.
- Participate in ongoing maintenance of the Parking Management System data, identifying and solving problems.
- Under the direction of the office supervisor, participate in various database management activities and provide support for special projects, such as preparing various tracking reports, evaluating condition of new permits and decals for issuance, processing special mailings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong attendance record.
- High school diploma; 2 or 4-year degree preferred.
- Significant cash handling experience (cashiering) or bank teller background helpful.
- Ability to move or position items weighing 20+ lbs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Reasonable knowledge of business software and computer applications.
Shifts vary –
7:15 am – 4:15pm
7:45am – 4:45pm
9:15am – 6:15pm
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.