How to Apply
Apply through umjobs.org (click on "APPLY NOW" box on upper right corner of this page).
The General Services Department is seeking a student to assist in the parking and mail distribution service areas.
- Provide exceptional communication and customer service.
- Greet customers, guests, faculty, staff and students at the counter.
- Answer phones and route calls appropriately.
- Distribute parking permits via University System.
- Sort / deliver mail / packages.
- Answer inquiries related to facility-related issues and concerns.
- Support management in ensuring that customer’s requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism with co-workers.
- Provide administrative support for the office, including, but not limited to: filing, copying, faxing, and creating professional documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to accurately handle multiple tasks while performing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to respond professionally with a high degree of empathy and multiple problem-solving strategies if customers are unhappy.
- Ability to identify high priority concerns and prioritize accordingly to provide a timely resolution.
- Strong attention to detail and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and put to use new skills.
- Reliable and timely attendance.
- Considerable experience using a variety of computer applications including Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical activities in extreme weather conditions, including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds, pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, stretching, reaching, carrying, climbing stairs, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Knowledge of maintenance, facilities, construction, grounds, and utility terminology.
- College Work Study preferred.
- Morning availability preferred; hours of operation M-F 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Temporary - approx. 25 hours per week $10.00 - $11.00 per hour depending on qualifications
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.