Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Orthotics and Prosthetics Team?
As an integral member of our front desk team, you will play an important role in providing the highest quality customer service. We provide state-of-the-art services to adults and children requiring orthotic and prosthetic devices and are committed to providing outstanding customer service. For over 100 years the University of Michigan Orthotics and Prosthetics Center has provided exceptional service to a diverse patient population. We’ll work with you to master our electronic medical record (MiChart) and scheduling systems (Cadence) as well as Orthotic/Prosthetic specific programs. You will collaborate with other clinics to schedule appointments and verify insurances. In many cases, you’ll be the first and last person our patients and their families see as they visit our facilities.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Tuition Support Program
What skills would you be responsible for?
- You will schedule new and return visits determining appropriate sub-specialty within a clinic based on prescription and referral needs as well as urgency of the appointment request.
- You will greet and check-in patients, check-out patients and collect payments as required.
- You will provide clerical support for clinical staff as related to front desk responsibilities.
- You will assist in keeping patient area and rooms organized.
- You’ll perform insurance verifications, update medical, financial and demographic information.
- Improving patient customer service will be your top priority.
- You will become part of a fast-growing team of dynamic, flexible and dependable individuals. We value diversity and work with a large variety of patients and clinicians. PSAs are trained to respond to the needs of our clinicians, as well as the varied needs of a large patient population.
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Associate level: 2-3 years of related experience
- Assistant level: 0-2 years of related experience
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
This will be a Full-Time (Non-Exempt), 40 hours per week; 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday schedule.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.