How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, please submit a CV and cover letter specifying your research experience, interests, and career goals. When applying for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter in our preferred format as one combined document. In addition, please arrange to have two letters of recommendation sent to Dr. Alexandra Rosati at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cognitive Evolution Group directed by Dr. Alexandra Rosati is anticipating hiring a full-time Research Technician to coordinate and conduct research on cognition in primates and humans. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: overseeing data collection and coding of nonhuman primate behavioral research at several field sites, human subject recruitment and scheduling on site, using advanced video coding technology, managing animal and human subject ethics protocols, supervising undergraduate Assistants in Research, and active participation in research. This position provides extensive research experience and is ideal for recent college graduates planning to attend graduate school in the future. For more information on Dr. Rosati’s research interests and research sites, please visit: https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/cognitive-evolution/
- Assisting in nonhuman-primate research and data collection
- Working as an assistant according to established research protocols with students, postdoctoral researchers, or the PI at several national and international primate field sites
- Assisting with on-campus human research subject recruitment, scheduling, and testing according to established lab protocols, or as an assistant to graduate students and postdocs
- Using video coding technology according to established lab protocols to score nonhuman-primate behavioral research
- Administratively managing animal and human subjects research ethics protocols (IACUC and IRB) by adding new researchers/students to approved protocols
- Following up with new researchers on required vaccinations
- Updating relevant research ethics protocols
- Supervising/Training new lab members, including undergraduate Assistants in Research, on research and coding protocols in the lab
- Basic administrative assistance related to Cognitive Evolution Group research
- High school diploma or Associate's degree
- 1 year of research experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Some experience conducting behavioral research with primates or other animals
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Biology, or a related field
- Experience at working in field conditions
- Familiarity with statistical software
- Knowledge of video coding systems
This position is term-limited to one year and may be renewable depending on funding
Anticipated start date is August or September 2018
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/about/diversity--equity-and-inclusion.html
To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.