The Division of General Pediatrics is seeking a Financial Specialist Intermediate to join its accomplished group of clinicians, researchers, and administrative staff. This position will provide exceptional finanacial support in both clinical and academic environments.
Please provide a cover letter along with resume.
- Perform financial analysis of Center expenses and make recommendations including: Annual P&L, Center operating account, Center DAF Accounts, Faculty DAF Accounts, Gift Accounts
- Develop quarterly management reports of finances for Center leadership to use in decision making.
- Perform analysis and develop management reports for clinical leadership including: quarterly visit numbers, patient satisfaction and financial reports for Pod Leads & Medical Directors
- Manage projects, provide progress reports to leadership, and assist the administrator with large data and analysis request such as those for the Medical School, the Department and Development/Donors and other initiatives related to moving forward strategic plan.
- Oversee the Primary Care Incentive Program and assist in the Primary Care Salary Restructuring plan
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field with 2 years of experience
- Extensive knowledge of University resources, information systems or applications, policies, and procedures.
- Comprehensive experience using M-Pathways, Business Objects, MiChart, Finance BI and Microsoft Office Suite; demonstrated competency with computer software and database to perform financial reporting and analyses
- Consistent performer with exceptional organizational, analytical, and research skills, attention to detail and accuracy; ability to assess priorities, manage multiple tasks, and follow-through on assignments timely; ability to work independently with minimal supervision to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated a high degree of initiative, results-oriented, and proven ability in problem solving, technical execution, development of methodology and recommendations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, great ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely and to work effectively with a variety of individuals and units
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.