How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This individual will be responsible for gathering analyzing, and interpreting a wide variety of data. They will select data samples, prepare questionnaires, and analyze collected information according to established statistical methods. Responsibilities will also include preparing reports, charts, tables, and other visual aids.
- Statistical support
- Knowledge of clinical and epidemiologic research methods and ability to provide expertise in designing studies and analytic plans according to current and cutting-edge statistical methods
- Experience with complex data structures and linkage across data sources
- Skill in data manipulation and coding using appropriate statistical software and techniques
- Proficiency in the analysis, interpretation and reporting of epidemiologic and clinical research studies
- Initiation of independent research project(s) with the goal of a first-author publication related to statistical methodology
- Attendance at weekly ACRC meeting and contribute feedback on proposed projects
- Guidance in the development and implementation of a project tracker
- Allocation of departmental statisticians to projects as needed (subject/topic area specific)
- Management of multiple projects at the same time and under strict deadlines; oversight of team member’s tasks/deadlines
- Completion of biannual performance evaluations for team members
- Arrangement of monthly 1:1 meeting with individual team members and monthly research core team meeting
- Approval of timesheets/conference travel requests
- Attendance at monthly meetings with departmental research chair
- Encouragement of team members in their professional development - presenting at conferences and symposiums, attending relevant workshop/classes, writing methodology papers
- Communication and Education
- Excellence in oral and written communication
- Communication of progress, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to leadership and team members
- Evaluation of faculty/ residents’ opinions regarding successes, lessons learned, and potential barriers/obstacles to conducting research
- Education of faculty/residents on steps of the research process, appropriate statistical methodology and available resources
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required plus 5-8 years of professional experience
- Prior management or mentorship experience
- Master's Degree or PhD strongly preferred
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.