The Division of Pediatric Neurology is seeeking a Patient Services Associate to support patient care activities in the Pediatric Sleep Medicine Program..
- Field phone calls from patient families, referring physicians, and internal colleagues for sleep clinics
- Route calls in efficient and appropriate manner
- Triage new patient referrals for both Multidisciplinary and Primary Sleep Clinics
- Schedule new patient and return visit appointments
- Coordinate required paperwork to triage patient referrals
- Act as liaison with patients, patient families and physicians
- Schedule all pediatric sleep studies for institution
- Maintain patient databases for all referred patients
- Order required lab work and medical testing for patients
- Manage clinic scheduling, including schedule alterations and closures
- Manage requisition of supplies; act as Tier 1
- Orient student employees
- Other duties as assisgned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates active listening, veral and information technology skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to exercise judgment in setting priorities
- Flexibility in work assignments
- Excellent attendance record
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan policies and procedures.
- Experience with MiChart
- Experience working directly with children and families in a healthcare setting
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.