The Department of Pharmacology is in search of a Research Laboratory Technician Associate. The position will be responsible for carrying out experiments with rodents under the general direction of faculty. This is a full time position beginning immediately and the selected candidate will be expected to make at least a two year commitment. In addition to participating in research activities, the selected candidate will safely and humanely provide daily husbandry and care to research animals, which includes feeding, providing water, animal handling, changing cages, maintaining equipment, facility maintenance, animal care, animal observation, monitoring health and environment conditions within the facility, and following specific protocol and health care requirements. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in biopsychology, neuroscience, biological science, or related field.
- Basic knowledge of pharmacology.
- Must be proficient with computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Graphpad Prism.
- Must be able to work effectively with other lab members and be a team player.
- Candidate must be punctual, detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
- Reasonable knowledge of rodent handling techniques and care of laboratory animals.
- Experience working with rodents in behavioral/observational studies and operant procedures.
- Experience conducting surgeries in rodents.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.