How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Administer the University-wide access control system, coordinating activities with users in schools, colleges and departments. Train users in proper use of systems.
- Administer the University-wide access control system, coordinating activities with users in schools, colleges and departments. Train users in proper use of systems.
- Perform programming in the access control system as needed. Enroll new access control systems and devices into the system. Ensure data backups are completed and securely stored.
- Communication with peer F&O staff, Department of Public Safety & Security, State of Michigan Bureau of Fire Safety, architects, engineers, construction managers, vendors, customers, etc., to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues or concerns.
- Review and comment on construction drawings pertaining to access control installations.
- Create, edit and maintain access reports for the Business Intelligence Reporting Suite (BIRS) Server.
- Assist users with programming needs. Ensure the proper schedules are implemented for holidays and periods when buildings are not in use.
- Oversee installation projects, including coordination of resources, meeting the expectations of our customers.
- Provide technical coordination to system administrators, network administrators, web site administrators and database administrators. Coordinate the activities of University IT and telecommunications staff to provide system connectivity and to resolve network problems.
- Produce reports for management and for the Department of Public Safety & Security.
- Maintain and oversee software and hard maintenance & service agreements with peer F&O shop units and outside vendors.
- Must be able to respond to periodic emergency calls outside of normal working hours.
- Develop and manage the access control system budget, make recommendations for future funding needs, and develop information for annual facilities funding requests.
- Estimate labor, time and material costs; monitor inventory levels of parts and supplies; order, receive and oversee the storage of parts and supplies.
- Associate degree in Business, Electronics, or equivalent job related experience.
- Five years of experience in the design, installation, repair and maintenance of complex access control and security systems.
- CCURE 9000 Administrator Training Certificates from Software House.
- Ability to obtain Trustworthy and Reliable Certification.
- Knowledge of the proper methods, materials, tools, testing devices and equipment used in the access control and security systems.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with administrative staff, executive officers of external agencies, architects, engineers, project managers, building inspectors, and contractors.
- Computer skills, including the ability to compose email messages and letters, develop spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to schedule work assignments, maintain a well-organized office, order supplies, track work orders, etc.
- Working knowledge of safe work practices.
- Training in the installation, maintenance and repair of a complex access control or security system.
- Must be able to fulfill the requirements to operate a UM vehicle.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings.
- Knowledge of electronic door hardware.
- Seven years of electronic security systems experience, including design, planning, installation, project budget management, and final system evaluation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of complex access control systems, surveillance systems, and security systems/equipment.
- Previous experience operating a sophisticated access control or security system.
- Demonstrated expertise in reading and interpreting complex plans, specifications, blueprints, and shop drawings.
- Experience coordinating complex access control or security system installation projects.
- Knowledge of Software House 800/8000 & CCURE 9000 Access Control software and hardware.
- Experience using SQL & Progress databases to collect and report information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
Licensure & Certification
- CCURE 9000 Administrator Training Certificates from Software House
- Ability to obtain Trustworthy and Reliable Certification
Work Hours are: 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Must be able to respond to periodic emergency calls outside of normal working hours.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.