How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Under the general direction of the Senior Business Systems Analyst, accurately and efficiently process gifts according to established procedures, provide gift reports to College of Engineering staff, document procedures for audit purposes, and provide general administrative support. The salary range for this position is between $44,000-$47,000.
50% Gift Processing
- Assist with the processing and documentation of gifts and cash deposits, pledges and pledge reminders, and maintain logs and gift documentation files under the general direction of the Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Participate in gift triage, expected gifts review meetings
- Assist with gift transfers and run account statements
- Route and track gift agreements for authorized signatures
- Help liaise with university and college faculty, staff and student organizations to facilitate gift processing and problem solving as relates to gift processing
30% Gift Reporting
- Create and distribute marketing efforts and family memorial reports
- Maintain acknowledgement reports for departments, programs and student organizations
- Maintain databases, including: Accounts Database, Benefits Table, Deferred Giving Archive, Gift Agreement Database, Preferred Names Table
20% Administrative Support
- Maintain and update biographical records, contact preferences and mailing lists
- Participate as a member of the Advancement Data Community and other special projects and teams as assigned
- Maintain the Engineering Advancement Ticketing System (EATS) and project calendar
- Schedule meetings and conference calls with staff as directed
- Route phone calls, emails, correspondence and questions from alumni, donors, staff and faculty as relates to gift processing to appropriate staff members
- Document new procedures and update current procedures as directed
- Additional duties as assigned or required
- Experience with gift processing and handling or financial data and account management
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word
- Experience with Business Objects
- Discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information
- Outstanding proofreading skills and attention to detail, especially with regard to established processes
- Flexibility to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment subject to changing priorities and time-critical deadlines
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and provide excellent customer service in a professional manner under time pressure
- Strong self-organization, analytical, problem-solving and systems-thinking skills
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible secretarial experience
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of University development data
- Knowledge of University financial data
- Experience with DART (Donor Alumni Relationship Tool)
- Experience with DART02 Universe
- Experience with Tableau Software
- Experience with Filemaker Pro
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/ .
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
OFFICE OF ADVANCEMENT
Mission Statement: Advancement will establish, build and foster quality relationships that generate resources to achieve Michigan Engineering objectives.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.