How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Call center representative in the Back and Pain Center Call Center provides telephone communication services to a complex multiple physicians’ practice servicing an adult patient population. Representative is responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service while providing effective communication with the patients, public, payers, referring physicians and other health care providers. Maintain excellent rapport, via the telephone and/or in person, with patients, faculty, and staff, within a team setting.
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, physicians and coworkers.
- Schedule new and return patients for clinical appointments, diagnostic services, ambulatory procedures and interpreters.
- Determine if patient has established care at UMHS.
- Verify & update patient’s demographic information and insurance.
- Provide Call center services which consists of taking incoming calls, scheduling or rescheduling patients or initiating in-between care MiChart In-Basket messages
- Process internal and external new patient referrals.
- Manage incoming faxes.
- Mail itineraries and new patient packets.
- Confirm, notify, and remind patients of appointments and/or changes.
- Inform patients of necessary preparations prior to visit or test in accordance with established guidelines.
- Work independently and as a team player.
- Will be called upon to assist in the clinic from time to time, to perform patient check-in and check-out duties (appropriate training will be provided).
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work appropriately is essential.
- Ability to accurately receive and relay information over the telephone and through written documentation.
- Ability to accept direction from multiple sources and remain adaptable to rapid changes in work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- One year customer service experience, preferably within a call center or medical environment.
- Solid typing/keyboard skills minimum typing speed of 45 net wpm
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under direction of the team lead.
- Detail oriented with analytical ability.
- Professional, flexible and positive team player.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Passion for providing excellent service to customers.
- Successful passing of PEP testing will be required.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of UMHS scheduling practices.
- Experience with computerized patient scheduling systems.
- Experience working with MiChart and Rockwell phone systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience working in a health care setting.
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn to work as part of a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of and/or ability to solve problems
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- High enthusiasm and energy
- Willing to go the extra mile in all aspects of the job
- Respect for people, and hard work
- Willingness to challenge, and better yourself
- Flexible, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Fun personality
This is a full time position; Monday through Friday, shift hours are from 8:30 am – 5 pm (shift hours could potentially change based on the operational needs)
The position is located in the Back & Pain Center located at the Burlington Building (325 East Eisenhower Parkway. Suite 310, Ann Arbor MI 48108)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.