The Division of Rheumatology is seeking a 40 hour/week addition to our research operation to function as a clinical subjects’ coordinator for a number of trials in myositis, rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogren’s syndrome. This Individual may provide assistance in investigator initiated studies. Undergraduates looking for a career in medicine, medical school highly encouraged to apply.
- Screening rheumatology clinics and recruiting patients based on strict criteria
- Interaction with patients in the clinic and research unit
- Data entry in Electronic data systems
- Database maintenance
- Coordination of clinical visits and appointments
- IRB regulatory submissions and management
- Budget building (intimate knowledge of Excel is required)
- Conduct of protocol questionnaire interviews with study participants
- Analyze, process and organize participant data
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Highly sensitive to human subject data and confidential information
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, responsible, excellent organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills
Preference will be given to those candidates with a Bachelor's degree in life/health science, Biochemistry or equivalent prior job experience in research and/or patient care.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.