This is an accounting/finance internship for the UM-Flint Financial Services & Budget Office. It is for the 2018-2019 Academic year and open to all UMF School of Management Accounting & Finance Students in thier Junior/Senior year. This internship also qualifies for UMF's academic internship requirement of 3 credit hours towards graduation.
Below is the list of duties preformed:
- Internal Controls and GAP Analysis - Help Campus Assistant Controller prepare and review departmental financial internal control documents and identify gaps to insure compliance with University Policies.
- Department Support - Run reports and provide financial analysis to departments.
- Journal Entries - Help process monthly journal entries.
- Accounting Reconcilation - Reconcile monthly Financial Reports to source documents.
- Procurment Processing - Process all UMF utility bills and insure payments are made.
- Gift/Prize/Award Processing - Validate and record all gifts, prizes, and/or awards given out by the University and record in an Access database.
- Office Support - Provide office support by answering phones, copying, filing, etc. as needed.
UM-Flint FALL 2018 - WINTER 2019 Internship for UMF School of Management Accounting or Finance Students in their Junior to Senior year ONLY!
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online at www.umjobs.org. A cover letter and resume must be uploaded as one document.
Available to work 20 - 24 hours per week during office hours 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday - Friday for the Fall 2018 throught Winter 2019 academic terms. The internship can also start in August before the start of the Fall 2018 term.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.