How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, include your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
The Admissions Projects & Events Coordinator assists with the planning and execution of all on-campus recruiting events, which may range in size from 40 – 400 attendees. These events are intended to attract top MBA students from around the world and require world-class planning and execution. This is a high-intensity position and requires management of multiple projects, interaction with a wide range of stakeholders, and a high degree of detail orientation. This position is critical to the success of the school’s Full-Time MBA (FTMBA) recruiting initiatives and will require overtime during peak periods. This position reports to the Associate Director of Admissions.
• Manage execution of logistics for events, workshops, campus preview days, interview days, etc. including facility selection, room reservations, contract negotiations, menu selection, arrangements for A/V service, local transportation, printing, purchasing and distribution of materials, etc.
• Maintain detailed project plans, timelines and budgets for all on-campus FTMBA recruiting activities. Assist in preparing and maintaining event-related budgets. Ensure program costs remain within projected budget guidelines and execute events within budget. Monitor expenses, conduct reconciliations and prepare reports on activity costs.
• Prepare survey/feedback data and provide detailed analysis of results for senior Admissions staff.
• Facilitate execution of Admissions’ recruiting objectives by developing key relationships within the school and across campus.
• Provide administrative support as needed including, but not limited to: coordinating and scheduling meetings with staff and students, setting up calendar invitations for events and event attendees, taking notes during meetings, contacting and confirming speakers, making travel arrangements for students and staff, ordering materials and maintaining inventory, assisting students, staff, faculty, alumni and candidates/event attendees as needed.
• Contribute to our positive and inclusive work community by building trusting partnerships across the school, continually learning, creating impactful experiences, and working with a sense of ownership for outcomes. Approaches this work with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treating others with respect, dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listens, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others.
• Function as primary administrative liaison to student committees/volunteers, alumni, faculty and the Dean’s office for on-campus recruiting activities.
• Manage database of registrants/attendees, student and alumni speakers, corporate contacts, etc.
• Assist with other duties as assigned to support the evolving needs of the Admissions department.
Marketing and Communication
• Manage all event-related communications with prospective students, current students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
• Collaborate with Admissions and Marketing & Communications staff to produce event-related materials (e.g., post cards, program booklets, binders, handouts, etc.)
• Develop all event websites and online registration pages.
• Manage and update Ross Full-Time MBA Admissions website.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, and at least 3 years of relevant progressive work experience in project or program coordination, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated superb organizational, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making, event planning and interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Professional demeanor and strong customer-service orientation
- Proven ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of people at all levels, such as faculty, staff, MBA candidates, and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to exercise initiative as a critical member of a team and to work independently with high efficiency and productivity
- Demonstrated ability to participate effectively in a small, team-oriented office; flexibility; creative problem solving, and "do-what-it-takes" attitude a must
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills, and the ability to troubleshoot technology issues and independently learn new applications
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Calendar)
Skills testing may be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The person in this position routinely communicates with students about programs, events, activities, etc. both in person and over email.
- The person in this position frequently moves materials weighing up to 20 pounds and occasionally 21-50 pounds from and to different locations
- May require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work
assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.