The patient services assistant provides and promotes exceptional customer service for referring physicians,, and their families served in the Neurosurgery Department.
- Primarily responsible for all incoming phone coverage for the department
- Provide information and support to referring physicians and patients.
- Route calls to appropriate staff and document all requests and inquiries according to department standards.
- Utilize superior telephone technique, and customer service etiquette.
- Ability to fully utilize MiChart to verify and update patient demographic and insurance information, referrals, and in-basket messages.
- Retrieve, review and audit medical record intake fro all new patient referrals.
- Contact outside organizations to request medical records.
- Organize, file, and image all patient data upon receipt of information.
- Provide effective communication with team members, other departments and outside hospitals/physicians to ensure seamless processes.
- High school diploma
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and appropriately prio9ritize responsibilities.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service delivery.
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage stress effectively.
- Ability to exhibit professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
Preferred to have call center/referral office experience.
Monday-Friday8:00 am-5:00 pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.