How to Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
The Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) seeks an eager, customer-focused, qualified candidate to perform various administrative functions and support to human resources. Exercising a high level of initiative, organizational skills and customer service with an ability to handle a variety of tasks with accuracy are key characteristics of a successful candidate. This position will work within the division administrative office and reports directly to the Human Resources Director. This position may also provide support to the Chief of Staff, Executive Assistant for Vice Provost Enrollment Management and other administrative team members.
45% Administrative support
- Serves as front desk associate to Office of Enrollment Management administrative suite and provides direct customer service to students, parents, families, staff and OEM visitors. Answers office suite telephone, screens calls and forwards as appropriate.
- Provides administrative support to the HR Director, Chief of Staff and other OEM administrative team members including but not limited to calendars and project support.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office/computer equipment (printers, copiers, etc.). Initiates tasks to resolve maintenance issues.
- Serves as host for meetings. Manages conference room calendars and scheduling.
- Reviews, handles and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Initiates and prepares routine correspondence (email, letters, etc).
- Updates unit contact list and emergency contact lists. May update org charts.
40% Human resources support
- Partners with HR Generalist and hiring managers to implement hiring processes. Schedules interviews, develops candidate packets and greets candidates throughout interview process. May assist with creating job postings.
- Provides logistical support for OEM New Employee Orientation. Prepares welcome packets, schedules HR welcome meeting location, meeting for new hire(s), and other onboarding related tasks.
- Partners with HR Generalist to notify the appropriate internal partners with departure information and provides termination checklist to the departing employee in a timely manner. Schedules exit interviews. May assist with other offboarding tasks.
- Processes student and non-student temporary appointment hires, terminations and other HR transactions. Consults with HR Director/Generalist as necessary. May assist administrative counterparts within OEM reporting units.
- Participates in continuous process improvement efforts including utilizing new technology and documenting best practices; assists with developing internal HR-related procedures and policies, internal forms, and checklists.
- Assists with other committees, projects and tasks as assigned.
10% Travel coordination, procurement and reconciliation
- Coordinates travel arrangements. Prepares, reviews and reconciles travel and expense reports.
- Assists executive team members with procurement card reconciliation as needed.
5% Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable customer service experience and demonstrated knowledge in appropriately handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Progressively responsible professional experience including administrative support.
- Possesses a flexible, customer service oriented, problem-solving attitude and a willingness to work successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Google applications.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse work styles and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling complex, confidential matters.
- Proven experience working with multiple stakeholders at all levels with demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-directed; pay high attention to detail with superior organizational skills.
- Previous experience working in an academic or student services environment.
- Prior experience working in human resources and/or providing HR support.
- Experience with University of Michigan HR and Financial policies, procedures and systems including but not limited to the M-Pathways Financials, Human Resources Management System and Business Objects.
Primary work schedule is M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule will have some, but limited schedule flexibility providing front desk coverage for office suite.
Headed by the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) was established in the fall of 2014 and provides campus-wide leadership in executing the strategic recruitment, admission, enrollment, records management and student financial support functions for the university. OEM is committed to envisioning, creating, and sustaining an effort that will lead to the optimal academic, student, and staff experience through the development and implementation of data-driven strategies, collaborative partnerships, and sustained investments in technological resources and a talented and capable workforce. Our reporting units work strategically and synergistically in partnership with the undergraduate schools and colleges, leveraging expertise and best practices across the Offices of Admissions, New Student Programs, Financial Aid, and Registrar.
OEM is committed to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our campus is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We know that by building a critical mass of diverse groups on campus including staff, students and creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively leverage the resources of diversity to advance our collective capabilities.
For more information about OEM including our diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan visit the Enrollment Management website.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.