How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Facilities and Operations has primary responsibility for the stewardship of the university's physical properties, including nearly 36 million square feet of building space. We are responsible for sophisticated and complex academic, research and clinical facilities, as well as associated environmental stewardship and regulatory compliance. We strive to optimize our resources in order to support the university's commitment to academic excellence and cost containment.
Facilities and Operations Operational Support includes finance, human resources, training, and information services.
***This is a 40 hour/week temporary position for a period of 12 months. Two (2) temporary openings available.***
Reporting to the Operational Support's Training Manager, this position is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of training records into a new learning management system. Responsibilities include:
- Input employee data, including names and historical training records, with speed and accuracy.
- Compile and sort data from various sources and establish entry priorities.
- Review entries for deficiencies and resolves discrepancies.
- Addidtional duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Excellent data entry skills and experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle routine and repetitive tasks
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.