Call Center position, within the department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services, that is dedicated to supporting patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. This position is responsible for reinforcing a positive image of the Health System to all customers. They use information systems and customer service skills to facilitate customer interactions such that the customer experiences Michigan Medicine as an accessible, coordinated and seamless entity.
- Responds to a high volume of room service patient telephone requests; enters selections into CBORD software program
- Communicate with nursing, dietitians, and food service staff in regards to the patient's room service experience
- Visit patients who may not be able to communicate via telephone as well as those whose diet order requires additional assistance. Obtain patient's meal selections for their prescribed diet order. Use a portable wireless computing device to enter selections into CBORD.
- Utilize CBORD and MiChart computer systems to verify diet order and allergy information
- Answers telephone inquiries from food service workers regarding patient diet and allergy information/requests
- Performs basic patient food and drug education
- Receives complex questions and problems from peers and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Process and order all meal orders for patient in outpatient areas
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the healthcare industry, dietetics or management.
- 2 - 4 years telephone-based customer service experience or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals.
- Willingness to be a team member and team leader with the ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Competent using technology such as hand held computers, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and email.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality with respect to patient information.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds and walk a considerable distance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the healthcare industry or dietetics.
- Demonstrated ability of strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with MiChart and CBORD software.
This is a 32 hour position that works 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM two days per week and 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM two days per week. The position works a three week rotating schedule, working 2 weekends on, one weekend off, with variable days off during the week.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.